Groombridge Place are pleased to announce that Groombridge Place near Tunbridge Wells in Kent will reopen on Monday 22 June 2020.
Tickets are now on sale with a special reduced entry price of just £5 per person. This special admission will be in place until it is safe to open the remainder of the attractions at Groombridge Place.
To ensure the safety of all visitors and staff, the re-opening of Groombridge Place will be gradual and dependent upon the government relaxing its current social distancing measures.
Visitors to Groombridge Place can enjoy the wonderful countryside setting and all the beautiful walks along the canal path and throughout the Enchanted Forest. Picnics are also allowed in the picnic fields but please bring your own seating or picnic mat.
Why not turn your walk into a nature ramble and see how many different types of trees and wildflowers you can spot! Also look out for wild birds and butterflies and count the huge fish in the forest ponds. A herd of Fallow deer can often be spotted grazing near the picnic fields.
The amazing birds of prey displays will also be included with admission. There are two displays every day, one at 12 noon and the other at 3.30pm. The birds of prey displays include impressive owls and raptors from all over the world together with a fascinating commentary about each of the birds.
As the gardens and children’s play areas will not currently be open due to government social distancing regulations, visitors can take advantage of the reduced admission until further notice.
Groombridge Place areas which will reopen to visitors on Monday 22 June 2020:
- The Canal Walk is open
- The Birds of Prey Displays will take place every day at 12 noon and 3.30pm
- Picnics can be enjoyed in the two large Picnic Fields (bring your own mat and enjoy a family picnic)
- Enjoy walks in the Enchanted Forest
- The kiosk at Crusoe’s World will be open to purchase hot and cold drinks, ice creams and a small selection of snacks, cakes and sandwiches.
- The toilets at Crusoe’s World will be open
Groombridge Place areas which are currently closed to visitors:
- The gardens including the secret garden are currently closed (we hope to re-open these soon)
- The canal boat will not be operating
- The children’s play areas at Crusoe’s World and in the Enchanted Forest will be closed
- The Giant Swings and Nest Swings will be closed
- The Treetop Walkway will be closed
- The Maze will be closed
- The main cafe and toilets at the main entrance will be closed (toilets at Crusoe’s World will be open)
Tickets for Groombridge Place will be available to purchase online with staggered entry times.
Please print your ticket and have this ready to show on arrival at the admissions desk.
Anyone arriving without a pre-booked ticket will be directed to an area where they can purchase tickets using their own mobile phone before entering the attraction.
Due to social distancing guidelines only a limited number of tickets will be allocated each day.
The attraction will be open between 10:00am and 4:00pm and the gates will be closed promptly at 5:00pm.
Book tickets at www.groombridgeplace.com
Press enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 01892 616647 or 07775 943305.
Groombridge Place, Groombridge Hill, Groombridge, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN3 9QG.
Car Parking Free.
Directions to Groombridge Place:
Groombridge Place is located in the village of Groombridge, 4 miles south west of Tunbridge Wells on the B2110, which is just off the A264 Tunbridge Wells/ East Grinstead road – on the Kent and East Sussex county border.
By Road: From the M25: Exit at Junction 5 and head south on the A21. After 10 miles, exit at A26 signed Tunbridge Wells: then take A264 to East Grinstead and follow the signs to Groombridge village and Groombridge Place.